Friday, April 30, 2010

Weeks Retires Some Colors

Hi Stitching Friends,

I just wanted to let you know that Weeks Dye Works is discontinuing some of their colors and one of them on the list is used for a couple of Milady's Needle Patterns.  Both Sampler Bands Rule and Beauty From My Needle use the color Okefenokee #3940.  So, if you have one of these patterns, you might want to obtain this color from your local needlework shop before their supplies are gone.  There is no match for this color in DMC or Anchor, so you will need this color for this design.  

 Beauty From My Needle          
                                           
                                  
Sampler  Bands Rule

 
As a precaution, you might want to check their website at http://www.weeksdyeworks.com/store/storefront.cfm for colors that have been discontinued and inventory your patterns that use these colors.

Have a great stitching weekend.

Gloria

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the heads-up about the WDW colours being discontinued. Unfortunately, though, the link is for retailers only so we are unable to access it. I have tried sending an email to WDW to see if they will provide me with the list separately. As many designs I have in my stash use WDW, I have a feeling I may need to stock up! Thanks again :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, further to my previous comment, I received a response from WDW which has put my mind at rest - I thought I'd let you know the response as well, as it may impact you too :)

    "Good afternoon Anne – we have never discontinued colors but we do retire colors. This means that we just simply take the color out of the main collection of floss. The retired colors WILL ALWAYS be available, they just simply appear on the “retired list.” We are striving to keep the order form at 1 page and in order to add new colors, we need to retire the ones that don’t sell as many as the rest.

    I do apologize for any confusion. On our web site under FORMS, there are pages titled “retired colors 6-strand floss” and “retired pearls.”

    Please let me know if I can further assist you. But please, do not panic as we have never discontinued any colors in our line that go away forever. Have a great week!"

    Yay! :D Thanks again so much for raising this topic, as I never would have found out so much about it - it's really handy to know that retired doesn't actually mean "gone from the market", as I always thought once it was gone it was gone :)

    Kind regards, Anne

    ReplyDelete