Sunday, October 7, 2012

This Week at Milady's House

Hello Friends,

Well, a lot has been happening lately.  Remember my office before:



The office has now been remodeled.  Here are pictures of the new office fairly empty.  I am so excited!!!












When I get everything in it's place again, I will post a few more pictures.    I had the counter tops done in linen laminate, which will really hold up with constant use (i.e. cutting fabric, assembling patterns, thread comparisons, etc....I can just throw the threads on the counter top and get good idea of what the colors will look like on flax linen.  :)

Check out the counter!!!  You can see it pictured next to the end of my sampler table runner!

Anyway, I think this will work out wonderfully for both my business and my stitching.  I even have a nice comfortable stitching chair from  Lazy Boy.  :)  It's going to be awhile before everything goes back in place, but hopefully by the end of the year I will have a clean office, guest room and great room.  We will finally be able to have an open house.

So, what do you think????

Until next time...keep those needles humming.

Gloria

7 comments:

  1. It looks great Gloria! I am looking forward to pictures when you are completely moved in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room looks great Gloria! It will really make a difference with all of that storage space. I know you are excited. Now for the fun part of getting everything organized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooooooooooooo love it :) need to have something like that for mine ... and a bigger room too heheheh... can't wait to see it with everything back in place :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for the countertop color! I just love the wood of the cabinets and hardware. I am busy arranging all my stuff in there now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... Oh no you don't. :) I don't have room for my stuff and yours too. Discovered this morning that I agreed on the height of the desk being the same as my old desk and I find it is too high for a counter that goes all the way around the room. So, now it's out to shop for a new chair that will give me more height from the floor. Ah well, the best laid plans!!

      Gloria

      Delete
    2. Did you find the perfect chair? My Sister's Closet at 20th Street and Camelback is moving to another location and everything is 30% off through Sunday. They had three matching chairs that were really nice ergonomic stype office chairs for $25 each! Just in case you are still looking....

      Delete