Thursday, February 26, 2015

Nashville 2015

Hello Stitching Friends,

Oh yes, it has been a while!!  I don't know about all of you, but at times I have trouble making decisions so sometimes I just don't do anything.  I was trying to decide whether to change over to Facebook or maintain a blog and that's where the indecision came in.  So I seem to have decided not to keep up with either.  Which do you prefer?  Would you rather see brief posts on Facebook or longer posts on a blog.  Of course you can expect that keeping up with Facebook would by it's very nature be more frequent and not always related to stitching, but then again blogging for me seems to be a medium in which the posting is not as frequent and one needs to have something to say other than "I am now here or I am now doing this...."  So in short I am posting tonight because I am again on my way to the Nashville Needlework Market and want all of you to see what is new and available at the market this weekend.

I arrived in Nashville late this evening and after driving through a bit of snow and sleet arrived at the Embassy Suites safe and sound.  We set up tomorrow and open for business on Friday night.  The new designs are shown below:






Mary Ann Carrington 1834

Reproduction Sampler on 40 count Examplar from Lakeside Linens using AVAS 100/3 silks and Tudor Silks.













Elisabeth Wott 1816

Reproduction Sampler on 35 count Beige Linen from Weeks Dye Works using Needlepoint Silks.












The Earth Is A Feast

Original design on 40 count sand linen from Picture This Plus using Gentle Arts, Weeks Dye Works and Colorworks threads.








Sweetheart Sewing Tin

Show Exclusive Kit Includes: 40 count Heritage Linen from Picture This Plus; Gentle Arts, Weeks Dye Works and Colorworks Threads; and a matching design floss keep and needlecase.







I have one more design that can be pre-ordered at the show, but I don't yet have a picture of it so I can't show you that one yet.  It is a small stitching tray with the verse "My Spirits Lift Whenever I Stitch".  I think you will like it.

So, first let me know what you think about the new releases.  If you like the new designs please let your local needlework shop know and I know they will bring back patterns for you from the market.  I believe most of them check their emails on a regular basis even when at the market because most shops now bring lists to market of what their customers are asking for from designers.  Don't miss out!  Email them and let them know so they can add your favorites to their list.

Second, let me know what you think about shutting down the blog and switching to Facebook to keep you updated on Milady's Needle news.  Where do you go to get your news from designers?  Most of us need to get some things done in our lives so we can't go all over the web to find our news.  What is your preference?

Post a comment with your thoughts and after the market I will have a drawing for a give away for one of the Sweetheart Tins.

Thanks go out to all you loyal followers for continuing to stop by to see if I have posted anything new.

Till Next Time...Keep Those Needles Busy!

Gloria

16 comments:

  1. Lovely designs - my special favorites would be Mary Ann Carrington 1834 and the Sweetheart Tin - both charming and must-haves :) As for blogs/Facebook? I like both - FB for the instant communication (although things sometimes get swamped there), and the blogs for the greater detail and their more individual personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the new designs are gorgeous.
    I prefer a blog, as I am not on Facebook.
    Have fun at Nashville market!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the Sweetheart Tin - Its just perfect .. All of the patterns are wonderful - such eye candy!!!

    About blogging - I will have to admit I have been using FB & Instagram more often - its just easier to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them ALL!!!!

    As for your question....I like a short "teaser" on Facebook with a link to a longer post on a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the designs. I prefer FB. Have a great market and safe travels. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love 'the earth'.... and the sweetheart tin is adorable. As to your question, I follow both so this probably won't help you but a quick blurb on FB ... daily isn't necessary but maybe weekly? And a longer, more informative blog? Safe travels to and from market and have a great time there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was a blogger for a long time but switched to FB --so much quicker and easy to get info quickly to folks. Blog for contemplation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New designs are lovely, love the sweetheart tin. Good luck with the show.
    Fb is good for quick updates, either is fine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new designs! I am on FB frequently and like that posts are automatically in my news feed. It is a quick and easy way to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Earth is a Feast and the Sweetheart Sewing Tin.You do such marevlous work.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. The new pieces are great. Will see them at Attic's market day. Not a Facebook gal at all. I patiently wait for blog posts. With all these designs I can see where you have been! Travel safe. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely new designs! I really like the design on your tin. I prefer reading blogs. I am not on FB and strongly believe that by going totally to FB, you lose a part of the stitching population who are not on FB. Just my two cents.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I prefer Facebook, but would say whatever works best for you to post quickly and keep up with it. Of course, my favorites are the reproduction samplers. Hope you have a successful market.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Market Day at Attic was awesome - seeing your models was fabulous. There are new things in my rotation basket just could not resist after seeing them in person. Thanks for all the creative things you give to us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all of the new designs! I usually prefer blogs to Facebook for stitching stuff. Too much other stuff going on with FB.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love The Earth is a Feast and the Sweetheart tin too. What a clever idea to have the design reproduced on the thread holder.
    I prefer blogs to FB for needlework news. Not every post you make on FB appears on all your "likers" pages unless you pay extra to FB.
    It's also easier for me to link this post to my blog (for example) or bookmark it as a favourite.
    And as I have just proved, the post sat in my reader until I got around to reading it. Whereas with FB it would vanished down the list long ago.
    FB is better for your stitchers to share their WIPs of your work though and chat to each other.

    ReplyDelete