Saturday, September 8, 2012

Gloomy Day


So, it's a cloudy in Arizona today.  Not many of these kinds of days in the Valley of the Sun.  I love bright sunshine, so when it clouds up I begin to feel a bit gloomy myself. 

So to cheer myself up, I am doing some of my favorite things....that is reading and stitching.  I am working on a gift for my good friend Kim.  She will be coming to visit here in October and her birthday is the 22nd, so of course the stitching is Halloween related.  Although I am not much on Halloween decorating myself, she loves Halloween and decorates and stitches on Halloween themed items as the 31st looms ahead.  I am looking forward to the visit and I know she will like the surprises I have in store for her birthday.  I won't post pictures until we actually celebrate as I really do want her to be surprised.  Will let you know how it turns out. 

I am currently reading House Rules by Jodi Picoult for my book club which meets on Monday.  Don't know that I will have it completely read, but it's a nice group of women, so I will go to the meeting anyway.  It's been a good read so far and I have always enjoyed Picoult's books. 

I am also reading Les Miserables.  Whew, a very long book, but very interesting.  The jury is out right now as to the rating, but I am still reading, so either I just want to get through over a 1,000 page book or I am still hooked into the story.

Next up on the book list is Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. 

Guess I should get busy here, as the day is slipping by as time usually does.  Some days I wish I could slow it down.  When I was  kid I always wanted to speed things up.  How life changes.

Until next time,

Gloria


1 comment:

  1. Gloomy days get to me too - and we have a lot of them in Michigan unfortunately! I just finished Gone Girl and really, really liked it. A different kind of book, but I just kept reading and reading!!

    ReplyDelete